Breakfast with Chopin.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hello there.

It's been a while since I last posted something here so I thought, why not? Just an FYI for those who read the last post, I will start posting on SYTYCD Season 12 when I can find a site that streams it.

I have been wanting to do this post for a while now, and since I've been studying Music theory and trying to get back into my Western Classical music phase, now seems about the right time to do this. I will do a piece on Elizaveta some time in the future but for now, I will be focusing on her song "Breakfast with Chopin".

The song starts out with the beginning of Chopin's Waltz in Ab major, Op 69 No. 1, also known as The Farewell Waltz or Valse de l'adieu (but in a different key), and seeing that this is a tribute to the wonderful composer, I'd say this fits in nicely. I don't know about you, but in that intro, there is a rather poignant feel to it, and it just takes you in. It's just one of songs where have you blast it while you're all alone in your room to fully appreciate the beauty of the song. It has these hints of nostalgia and the intro alone transports you to a happier and more carefree time in your life (well, it does for me). Within just 2 min and 53s, Elizaveta was able to wonderfully convey how devoted and passionate Chopin was about music, and also how much she (and practically anyone else who loves the guy) is appreciative of his work. Please do watch the music video while listening to the song. It's very simple, and it goes so well with the song.



By the way, Elizaveta released the Breakfast With Chopin EP that has 6 songs, including this one, and they're all inspired by Chopin, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky so please do check that out!


Dan out.

*Yes, that was a short post. I'm still working on my other posts so hopefully those will be up soon.*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts