Salutations

Monday, April 13, 2015

Since Dan has already provided the brief for this site, I'll shuffle on with introducing myself then. 

I'm Jac and I've known Dan for approximately eight years. Our friendship, and partnership in context of this enterprise, can be summed up along the lines of being cut from the same cloth but for bespoke tailoring. And I like to presume that's why I was invited to contribute on this blog: to give variety, perspective. 

In the Venn diagram of our passions there are intersections; I was formerly a practitioner of the ballet strain, though nowhere near as prodigious or prolific as Danielle, and I do of course anticipate the Royal Ballet YouTube uploads with an equal fervour. With regards to music, we are bonded by a love of rock music and classical pieces. Notwithstanding there are incontrovertible diversions, namely in that my expertise on dance extends to neither the flights of contemporary dance nor the fancies of hip-hop. My musical tastes are no less removed, as my penchant for folk, gospel and film instrumentals will prove. I'm also a trained vocalist, what with six years of choral torture and indentured church band duties, so I can get pretty technical with voice.

Interests aside, the axiomatic difference is perhaps, our style of writing and critique. I tend to infuse my opinions with literary analysis, because that's what six laborious years of Literature, if not imparting anything else, indoctrinates. My in-born love of history and all things old will also make itself painfully evident because, other than waxing lyrical about the historicity of anything possible, I am driven to seek out human consciousness in every creation. I'm also quite a bitchy person, so there will be no lack of sardonic jibes as long as I'm here, and if you're the type who shies from such a brand of humour then I offer my wholehearted apologies deal with it.

Well folks, I have exhausted the extent of my relevance on this post. I do maintain another blog where more personal interests are subjected to keen treatise, but to avoid shameless self-promotion I'll put linking it on the back burner (edit: the link in the navi bar is a product of Dan's over-zealousness, not my narcissism). Other than that, I suppose I shall scuttle off to furnish this blog's aesthetic and study HTML ('Cause I can't code for nuts). Grab some popcorn and watch this space grow into a blogging megalith.

Tootles,
Jac

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts