ABDC Season 8 Episode 6.

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Image Courtesy of the Kinjaz
I finally got to watch the finale and seeing as the show is over, I'll just go ahead and drop the spoiler bomb and tell you who won.

CONGRATULATIONS TO QUEST CREW FOR WINNING ABDC SEASON 8!

This is after 95 million (yes, you read that correctly) votes were cast and there was a slim margin of 7% between the winners and the runner-ups Kinjaz. I would be lying if I said I didn't see this coming.

Anyway, now that the pressure of winning the judges' or the public's vote is gone, the crews got to showcase their final performances to mark the end of their journeys on the show and of course, the end of the season. This was after all 6 of the crews performed an all-out routine similar to that of the first two weeks where they had their moment to display their style.

First to perform their last dance on the stage was Quest Crew. They danced to Afrojack's SummerThing! featuring Mike Taylor. Another light and fun piece that showcased their tricks and breaking skills. I mean, it is no wonder that they've danced for LMFAO. It was a good routine to end their run on the show with as again, it showed what the boys do best and how much they enjoy dancing with one another. It's also great to see Aris dance with the guys and they really got to show tricks that they've perfected elsewhere on the ABDC stage. Of course, this won't be the last of Quest and I cannot wait to see more from them.

Next up was Super Cr3w. They set their routine to Method Man's Judgement Day. First of all, their costumes looks like that of a ninja attire so I guess it's come full circle, since they did do a ninja set back in season 2. Again, another routine filled with their high flying tricks, insane parkour and great bboying so yes, they did end off their run on the show with a very Super Cr3w piece. I wouldn't say it's their best performance ever, but it was one of their most risky performances I've ever seen. Good luck and I wish them all the best in their future endeavours as a crew.

Last finalist to perform was Kinjaz. Their piece was done to Ed Sheeran's I See Fire. This routine is an oldie but a goodie, and disclaimer, there may be more of a back story in this because of me being a fangirl. Now, I've seen Anthony's choreo five or six times now, the first being at Body Rock 2014, and only now, I made this rather big (to me) realisation about the piece, mainly because of the junket prior to the performance and the camera zoom to Anthony Lee some time in the middle of the piece. [If you don't feel like reading this blabber, feel free to ignore all those in italics.] When Kinjaz first started out as Anbu Black Ops way back in 2010, it was done with the intent of it being Anthony's last dance performance before he would have moved out to Arizona to work. Even though the crew is Mike's as much as Anthony's, I see it more as a milestone in Anthony's life. If not for Anbu Black Ops, he would have stopped dancing completely so in that sense, this choreography signifying the brotherhood of Kinjaz and what not is in a way also a gift from Anthony to show his gratitude to the crew members then and now. That was what touched me, and made this performance and interpretation of his choreography the only one where I shed a tear. Again, the cleanliness and attention to details is Kinjaz-perfect, and what they do best. What made it all the better was that they all had the same heart, and even though they all have their various styles, they again complemented one another. One of their best pieces on the show, and of course I am excited for the future of Kinjaz.

Now, the other three groups had their time to shine in a group routine, and there were many things I've seen that showed that despite them being booted off the show earlier than the others, they were still able to grow and improve in their own crews. That being said, I don't know if ABDC will still continue, or that this was just a one-time reboot, but I'm glad that these crews were able to reform/get back together to show why ABDC made such an impact to those who followed the show way back when.

Dan out.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts